Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't view published reports

Hello Power BI community,

I've been stuck on this issue quite a while now and could really use some assitance. I've connected my azure SQL database to Power BI and I can view graphs I made in the desktop, meaning the connection works well. 

However, Whenever I tried to view my published dashboard, my graph doesn't load and I get the following error message: 

Dutch: De referenties van de gegevensbron ontbreken  -> In de gegevensbron powerbitest ontbreken referenties. Vraag de eigenaar van de gegevensset <username> om de referenties by te werken.

English (translation): The references of the datasourcec are missing -> References are missing in the datasource powerbitest. Ask the owner of the dataset <username> to update the references.

I've tried setting up a gateway with on-premises data gateway, without any result. 

I would really appreciate assistane. 

Sincerely,

Power Bi user

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I hope you are using a on premise  gateway .

If you want some tips on how to install please refer this video.   

https://youtu.be/fejSQmshwrE

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Sujit_Thakur 

thank you for you reply.

danielvanlaar_1-1615885671183.png

It says: your datasoruce can't be kept up to date, since the references are incorrect. Update you references and try again. Then I get options for update references, or view in the view for datasources. 

I hope you are using a on premise  gateway .

If you want some tips on how to install please refer this video.   

https://youtu.be/fejSQmshwrE

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I was using this. The problem was that azure firewall blocked out power bi from retrieving the data. Thanks for you help

Sujit_Thakur
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Dear @Anonymous ,

Sujit_Thakur_0-1615884711927.png

Check data source credential option and send me a screen shot (please do hide your SQL instance  name from pic as i have done above) 

@Anonymous  You will reach to this page once you hover over dataset name in your workspace in power bi web , then three options will come  , from which select middle option of schedule refresh 
as shown below

Sujit_Thakur_1-1615885458231.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.