Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Gfloras
Regular Visitor

External visuals aren't appear immidiately or delay on Desktop when download or uploaded from ...

On a PC Windows10 with latest updates of windows and PowerBi as weel , when I download - install a visual therefore I wait 20' minutes to see the visuals under the systemic ones. I ran the internet speed test and is almost 49MB/s and everything else seens ok. 

I mean after downloading a visual I am not sure wheter is installed or not and I need to wait up to 1/2 hour to see and to add to my desktop

Thank you   

2 REPLIES 2
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Gfloras ,

If you have imported a custom visual in Power BI Desktop but are not using it, you should always delete it (as shown here). There is another, smaller overhead associated with even having a custom visual imported into a report – although, again, this may well change in the future.

Please refer this blog: Performance Overhead Of Using Power BI Custom Visuals 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

pranit828
Community Champion
Community Champion

HI @Gfloras 

If it is a time issue, the issue list can be anything. usually this is not the case.
However, I would close all other applications running on the system and free up processor and memory and give it a try again. Also, check your task manager to see if there is any process using lot of system resources.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png

Hope it resolves your issue? 
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Appreciate your Kudos, Press the thumbs up button!!
Linkedin Profile

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.