Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SSantangelo

Can I show only selected data label series on column and line chart?

Hello,

I have avisual with vertical bar charts and then line charts on the y axises. How can I display only selected data labels, rather than all of them?

Thank you!

Sandy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @SSantangelo ,

On your visual's formatting options --> Go to Data Labels --> Scroll down --> Select Custom Series --> Enable Custom Series --> here you get an option on what labels to show and what not to show by using Show toggle button. See below:

Pragati11_0-1641838640757.png

Consider the following chart wher I have my data labels on for both line and bars:

Pragati11_1-1641838707333.png

Now suppose I don't want to show labels for the metric on the line on the chart, I select Show as  off for that metric. In my case it is Quantity for which I don't want labels on the visual and I get the following:

Pragati11_2-1641838840999.png

In the end I end up with labels shown only for the metric represented as bars on the visual.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
diego84

Hi I can´t find anymore this options into the latest version from PBI. Somebody can help me? Tks!

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @SSantangelo ,

On your visual's formatting options --> Go to Data Labels --> Scroll down --> Select Custom Series --> Enable Custom Series --> here you get an option on what labels to show and what not to show by using Show toggle button. See below:

Pragati11_0-1641838640757.png

Consider the following chart wher I have my data labels on for both line and bars:

Pragati11_1-1641838707333.png

Now suppose I don't want to show labels for the metric on the line on the chart, I select Show as  off for that metric. In my case it is Quantity for which I don't want labels on the visual and I get the following:

Pragati11_2-1641838840999.png

In the end I end up with labels shown only for the metric represented as bars on the visual.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Looks promising, however, my July 2021 version of PBI does not have this feature, is it something only available for the newer versions ?
I see up to Show Background (transparancy).

Thank you Pragati11! This is great and has solved my issue!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.