Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Kristaps-R

Azure Databricks connection

Hello!

Hopefully someone can help with an issue with Azure Databricks connection in Power BI.

This is an issue that has been ongoing for at least a month over a couple of Power BI versions; currently on Version: 2.112.1161.0 64-bit (December 2022).

When opening an existing PBIX file with a Databricks connection, the file does not recognize the connection (i.e., cannot refresh data - screenshot 1) and I cannot add another Databricks connection - the option does not appear under "Get data" (screenshot 2). This affects multiple files created between Jan-Jun, 2022 by another user.

I've tried a number of things: uninstalling and re-installing Power BI Desktop, deleting the Power BI Desktop folder in AppData as well as copying the Databricks.pqx connector from a user, who can refresh those files and add new Databricks sources (even though the Databricks connector does appear in \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CertifiedExtensions anyway).

The issue disappeared for new PBIX files after I downloaded a connection file from Partner Connect in Azure Databricks. However, it didn't fix the existing PBIX files.

Since other users don't have the issue when refreshing those same files, this seems to be a local problem on my computer (company computer, which obviously has some Admin restrictions).

Would anyone have suggestions on how to fix the issue? Is there anything I can check and resolve on my side?

Thank you!
Kristaps

Image 1:

KristapsR_1-1675694155523.png

Image 2:

KristapsR_2-1675694180171.png

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Kristaps-R , One more user reported the missing databricks connection.

Check if there is an issue, already reported. If needed report a new one 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.