Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Kristaps-R

Azure Databricks connection

Hello!

Hopefully someone can help with an issue with Azure Databricks connection in Power BI.

This is an issue that has been ongoing for at least a month over a couple of Power BI versions; currently on Version: 2.112.1161.0 64-bit (December 2022).

When opening an existing PBIX file with a Databricks connection, the file does not recognize the connection (i.e., cannot refresh data - screenshot 1) and I cannot add another Databricks connection - the option does not appear under "Get data" (screenshot 2). This affects multiple files created between Jan-Jun, 2022 by another user.

I've tried a number of things: uninstalling and re-installing Power BI Desktop, deleting the Power BI Desktop folder in AppData as well as copying the Databricks.pqx connector from a user, who can refresh those files and add new Databricks sources (even though the Databricks connector does appear in \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Power BI Desktop\CertifiedExtensions anyway).

The issue disappeared for new PBIX files after I downloaded a connection file from Partner Connect in Azure Databricks. However, it didn't fix the existing PBIX files.

Since other users don't have the issue when refreshing those same files, this seems to be a local problem on my computer (company computer, which obviously has some Admin restrictions).

Would anyone have suggestions on how to fix the issue? Is there anything I can check and resolve on my side?

Thank you!
Kristaps

Image 1:

KristapsR_1-1675694155523.png

Image 2:

KristapsR_2-1675694180171.png

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Kristaps-R , One more user reported the missing databricks connection.

Check if there is an issue, already reported. If needed report a new one 

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.