Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

luojiandanPBI
Helper I
Helper I

how to get default background color?

how to get default background color?

luojiandanPBI_0-1698496592833.png

thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @luojiandanPBI,

It's not possible to obtain the details on the background color of the container. I have previously asked for this, but MS has declined to implement it. If more developers request it, it may suggest a greater need for this in the community.

Bear in mind that the report canvas may have a specific color applied, and the visual container won't know about this, so it wouldn't be entirely foolproof.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @luojiandanPBI,

It's not possible to obtain the details on the background color of the container. I have previously asked for this, but MS has declined to implement it. If more developers request it, it may suggest a greater need for this in the community.

Bear in mind that the report canvas may have a specific color applied, and the visual container won't know about this, so it wouldn't be entirely foolproof.

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Hi,Daniel,Thanks 🤝

luojiandanPBI
Helper I
Helper I

@lbendlin hi,can you give me some advince?thanks:)

Unfortunately this is outside my area of expertise. I hope someone else can help you further.

Thank you for your continued attention and have a good day!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide a more detailed explanation of what you are aiming to achieve. What have you tried and where are you stuck?

thank you for reply.

I want to add watermark for custom visual.

and I try this,but false.

this.settings = Visual.parseSettings(options && options.dataViews && options.dataViews[0]);
console.log("objects:",options.dataViews[0].metadata.objects);
console.log("default bgColor:",options.dataViews[0].metadata.objects['style'].backgroundColor);

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.