Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

luojiandanPBI
Helper I
Helper I

'allow-popups' error

hello,I create a custom visual,enables users to use "echarts" in powerbi.

However, there are some features that can be implemented in ECharts, but not in PowerBI.

here is the error message:

Blocked opening '' in a new window because the request was made in a sandboxed frame whose 'allow-popups' permission is not set.

002.jpg

and this is ok.

0021.jpg

what's wrong with me?

thanks for you help.

@v-viig @dm-p 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @luojiandanPBI,

I don't know Echarts, but I presume that there might still be a listener that they add to the hyperlink that is causing the problem. In your applied event, you may need to stop propagation and prevent any default events from firing (that's where I'd start looking, at least).

Something like this might work (or give you something to look into further:

p1.addEventListener("click", (event) => {
    event.preventDefault();
    event.stopPropagation();
    this.host.launchUrl(ele.url);
});

You could also try attaching the JS debugger in that method and stepping through to see where the code goes . If this doesn't initiate debugging in the browser tools, it could suggest that there is an event with higher precendence than yours and you may need to think about when to apply yours.

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @luojiandanPBI,

I don't know Echarts, but I presume that there might still be a listener that they add to the hyperlink that is causing the problem. In your applied event, you may need to stop propagation and prevent any default events from firing (that's where I'd start looking, at least).

Something like this might work (or give you something to look into further:

p1.addEventListener("click", (event) => {
    event.preventDefault();
    event.stopPropagation();
    this.host.launchUrl(ele.url);
});

You could also try attaching the JS debugger in that method and stepping through to see where the code goes . If this doesn't initiate debugging in the browser tools, it could suggest that there is an event with higher precendence than yours and you may need to think about when to apply yours.

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Hi,Daniel,thank you very much.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors