Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

fabricator1
Advocate II
Advocate II

Write access in Fabric

Is it only users with workspace access (contributor, member, admin) who can write and delete data in Fabric items?

Is it possible to grant users permission to write and delete data only for a specific item in a workspace?

Let's say I have a Workspace A with Lakehouse A, Lakehouse B and Lakehouse C in it.

Could I grant a user (which does not have workspace role) permission to write and delete data only for Lakehouse A?

I am also wondering about the same, also with regards to permission to edit items.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @fabricator1 
For more updates regarding the new releases, you can check this link. Link1
Currently we do not have any update if write permissions can be granted for a person who isn't a workspace member.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback channel which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
fabricator1
Advocate II
Advocate II

Thank you, @AndyDDC ! 

Do you think the enhancements to Lakehouse security will include possibility to grant write permissions to the files and tables in a Lakehouse, for a user who isn't workspace member? 🙂

Hi @fabricator1 
For more updates regarding the new releases, you can check this link. Link1
Currently we do not have any update if write permissions can be granted for a person who isn't a workspace member.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback channel which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Hi @fabricator1 
We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query has been resolved. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

AndyDDC
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

At the moment there's no way to grant Write permissions to individual Lakehouses in a Workspace, that is controlled by the Workspace permission.Workspace roles and permissions in lakehouse - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

According to the Fabric Roadmap, Lakehouse security is getting enhanced in Q2 2024 What's new and planned for Synapse Data Engineering in Microsoft Fabric - Microsoft Fabric | Microso...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.