Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to Delete DataflowsStagingLakehouse

Hi,

I created a Gen2 Dataflow which automatically created DataflowsStagingLakehouse in the workspace.

However even after deleting the Dataflow, the DataflowsStagingLakehouse is not getting deleted and giving following error.

ankitshah55_0-1699956438649.png

Kindly help in this matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

We have a bug filed to delete the LH & WH upon deletion of the last.
Ideal workaround is to create a new Workspace as we cannot delete the stagging artifacts manually, but in your case this will not work.

So inorder to handle your case I request you create a support ticket so the team will be looking into this issue more closely.

Once you have a SR# , please do share that here, so that we can keep an eye on the same.

Thank you

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
dzav
Frequent Visitor

Any updates to this? I'm experiencing the same issue.

I was able to work with support and they were able to clean up the DataflowsStagingLakehouse artifacts.  Then I was able to convert back to PPU

Hi @DavidStrawn ,

It was great to know that you were able to get to a resolution . We expect you to keep using this forum and also motivate others to do that same . You can always help other community members by answering to their queries

jesper-MM2

Hi,

Any news on this issue? We are currently facing the same thing, where our DataflowStagingLakehouse Semantic model and SQL-Endpoints are preventing us from switching a business critical workspace to our ususal PPU license, causing major dataflow issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jesper-MM2 No, still they have not fixed the bug.

@v-gchenna-msft  Can you please tell us about resolution timelines? This is creating a lot of issues.

Hi @Anonymous , @jesper-MM2 ,

I just discussed with the internal but they have no ETA for the fix now.

Ideal workaround is to create a new Workspace as we cannot delete the stagging artifacts manually.

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @v-gchenna-msft 

There are no manually artifacts in the DataflowsStagingLakehouse.

However there are two automatically created atifacts which do not have delete option at all.

01. SQL Analytics Endpoint

02. Sematic Model

Both of these do not have delete option in contex menu and both are empty.

Hi @Anonymous so 2 things here:

1. Dataflows "DataflowsStagingLakehouse" should now not be appearing in your workspace, these have been hidden.  Can you check if this is the case?  Perhaps create another workspace with a dataflow and see if those artifacts show up.

2. The SQL Endpoint and Semantic Model are automatically created when you create a Lakehouse and can't be deleted.

Thank you @AndyDDC  for your insights.

@Anonymous - Few other inputs:

1. SQL Analytics Endpoint and Sematic Model items have by default no option to be deleted. This is the same if you create a lakehouse yourself.

2. These items will soon be hidden from users so should not show at all, however if indeed the last dataflow is removed from the workspace the lakehouse and warehouse with the other related items should be removed. After certain time period these items gets removed with the garbage collection.

Hope this information is helpful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-gchenna-msft @AndyDDC ,

Thank you for your support.

Please note that this was automatically created 1 week ago on creation of a dataflow. That dataflow was deleted 10 minutes after creation, so there should be nothing in workspace.

@AndyDDC, I reproduced a similar scenario in a new workspace and issue not coming. However, I cannot stop using my current workspace due to business requirements.

Hi @Anonymous ,

We have a bug filed to delete the LH & WH upon deletion of the last.
Ideal workaround is to create a new Workspace as we cannot delete the stagging artifacts manually, but in your case this will not work.

So inorder to handle your case I request you create a support ticket so the team will be looking into this issue more closely.

Once you have a SR# , please do share that here, so that we can keep an eye on the same.

Thank you

Do you know if there is a fix or workaround for this issue.  I have the same issue that is preventing moving workspace back to PPU from Fabric Trial.    case 2404290010003357

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for using Fabric Community,

Do you have any other artifacts in that workspace? The automatically created staging lakehouse is shared by all lakehouses, warehouses, dataflows, and pipelines within the same workspace. You can't delete it until you delete everything that could potentially use it or dependent on it. And if you did delete it, the moment you add a new lakehouse, warehouse, etc., the staging lakehouse will automatically be recreated.

At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some more information on this.
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors