Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Sooriya_s27

Querying Analytical store in Fabric

Hi,

I have used Azure Cosmos DB Analytical store to analyse data in my synapse workspace in Azure. Now I need to do the same in fabric, but I'm only able to pull the transactional data there. Is there any way to pull the data in the analytical store in cosmos to Fabric?

P.S.

I have 2.3 million records in cosmos and 3.2 million records in the analytical store in cosmos.

10 REPLIES 10
Sooriya_s27

Hi @v-gchenna-msft ,

I'm currently working on that workaround if I face any issues will get back to you by next week.

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sooriya_s27 ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.

In meantime, did you got a chance to check this - Microsoft Fabric mirrored databases from Azure Cosmos DB (Preview) - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Le...

If you any further queries, please let me know.

Hi @v-gchenna-msft , I've looked at this option but we need to enable pulic access for our cosmos db to use this. Is there any option to use this option without enabling public access for our cosmos db?

Hi @Sooriya_s27 , @Sooriya_27 

I need to check with team whether we have any option or not.
But can you please help in answering to this query?

" Do you meant to say there are more records in analytical store, but those records are actually update/deletes on existing records?

If yes, then after updates/deletes merged there should be 2.3 million records only rather than 3.2 million, right? "

@v-gchenna-msftYes in transactional store records are deleted after TTL period right but analytical store retains those data. So I need to query analytical store data.

Unfortunately at present we don't have any direct option to pull the records from Cosmos DB analytics store to Fabric Lakehouse.

As per the documentation at present Fabric only support Cosmos DB for No SQL - Link

vgchennamsft_0-1715241086133.png

Even option for Mirroring Azure Cosmos DB is not for analytics - Link
" Mirroring is not pulling the records from analytical store, it is designed to match and mirror what is there is cosmos db. "

The only option left to get the data from Azure Cosmos DB to Fabric is using Azure Data Factory where Source is Cosmos DB Analytics and Sink is Fabric Lakehouse.

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

Hi @v-gchenna-msft , I'm currently exploring that option. Will get back to you by this week

Hi @v-gchenna-msft 

I am facing some issues in adding the service principal to our fabric workspace so that I can link lakehouse to ADF. In the meanwhile, can you let me know if there's any other workaround I can explore that also.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors