Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

cstoddard
Frequent Visitor

IP's of notebooks within Fabric to connect to vendor DB

Hi,

I need to connect to a vendor's MSSQL DB. I can't do so as they need to whitelist the IP's from which I'm connecting, and I can't find a list of the Spark notebook's IP's.

I've gotten some IP's by making a GET request to a website, here's the IP's I have collected so far:

Here is the code of how I got these IP's that I just ran within the notebook in Fabric:

import requests

res = requests.get("http://checkip.dyndns.com")

print(res.text)

I don't see these IP's mentioned anywhere within the list of IP's and service tags. 

Could someone please let me know what I should do?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @cstoddard 
We don't support SNAT(Source Network Address Translation). The Spark notebook doesn't have deterministic IP address. 

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback link , which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.        
Feedback Link : Home (microsoft.com)

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further queries.

View solution in original post

Hi @cstoddard 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got some insights regarding your query. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HimanshuS-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @cstoddard 
Thanks for using the Fabric community.

Just trying to understand as to what is the intend here . You mentioned that the you have MSSQL DB , which as i understand is an in-premise setup and hence the Spark notebook cannot connect to that .

Did you meant that you have Azure SQL and mananged SQL setup ? We do have that the IP range called out for all the Azure Services here : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56519

Thanks
HImanshu

I'm trying to connect to an MSSQL server that is provided by a vendor. I'm trying to use a Spark notebook to do so, here's the code:

server_name = "jdbc:sqlserver://xxx:1433"
database_name = "xxx"

table_name = "database.xxx"
username = "xxx"
password = "xxx" # Please specify password here

url = f"{server_name};user={username};password={password};"

df = spark.read.jdbc(url=url, table=table_name)

To be able to connect to the MSSQL DB that I need to connect to, I need the IP of the notebook to be whitelisted. There are IPs that are being used by the Spark notebook that are not in that list provided. I know this, because I'm running the code which I mentioned in my first post that shows the IP, and those IPs are not in that JSON dump of IPs provided by Microsoft.

Does that make more sense?

Dump*, not dumb. Sorry for the typo

Hi @cstoddard 
We don't support SNAT(Source Network Address Translation). The Spark notebook doesn't have deterministic IP address. 

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback link , which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.        
Feedback Link : Home (microsoft.com)

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any further queries.

Hi @cstoddard 

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got some insights regarding your query. Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help.
Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors