Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

govindarajan_d
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Generic user account for warehouse SQL Endpoint

Usually, we create a generic SQL account for reports so that it is not tied to any personal account. I read from the documentation that SQL authentication is not supported in warehouse. What would be the best way to create a generic account?

I see that we can create service principal in azure and use it, but it cannot be used in Power BI Desktop. Is there any other way?

6 REPLIES 6
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @govindarajan_d ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community. 
Can you please explain your ask more clearly? I would like to know few more details so that I can guide you better.

Hi @v-gchenna-msft,

For example, I can create a new SQL user 'dashboard_data_user' and use it as a generic account for all my reports which will use the SQL user authentication while loading data.

How do I do it in Fabric Warehouse, when it doesn't have SQL authentication. 

Hi @govindarajan_d ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Hi @govindarajan_d ,

The best course of action is to open a support ticket and have our support team take a closer look at it.

Please reach out to our support team so they can do a more thorough investigation on why this it is happening: Link 

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Hello @govindarajan_d ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Hi @govindarajan_d ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet .
In case if you have any resolution please do share that same with the community as it can be helpful to others .
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024  FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors