Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

esobrino
Helper II
Helper II

Data Warehouse - Can't delete queries.

Data Warehose "Explorer -> Queries -> MyQueries -> SQL query X" once created can't delete.

Using Microsoft Fabric - under the "Data Warehouse" experience.

Worked on some queries and now I like to clean-up some queries...  It turns out that is not possible

Once a query is created and used (so is not empty) it can't be deleted.  Therefore if you create a query and use it for a while it will have content and if you don't want the query anymore it can't be emptied since it will tell you "Unable to save the query", then if you try to close the Tab it tells you about "Discard changes" or "Cancel" and will revert the changes.

If you on the other hand select "Delete" on the specific query in the Explorer it does nothing and the queries just hang there for eternity.

I expect that if I delete the query within the Explorer it will be the end-of-it and be removed from the list.

Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Expiscornovus
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @esobrino,

I have tried reproducing your steps, but the delete option works fine in my Workspace.

Just to double check, are you using the same steps as below?

1. Select the query and right click to delete

deletesecondquery.png

2. You get a dialog which confirms the deletion of that specific query?

deletesecondquery_02.png

3. The Explorer refreshes and the query is gone from the My Queries folder (which assume is the part which goes wrong for you?)

onlyoneleft.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
esobrino
Helper II
Helper II

Yes, generally they work fine, but at some point and after a while and for an unknown reasons I was not able to do so.  I will be viligant on my steps to get there and see if I can reproduce the issue before posting again about it.

Thanks for the quick response!

Hi @esobrino 
Glad that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

Expiscornovus
Resolver III
Resolver III

Hi @esobrino,

I have tried reproducing your steps, but the delete option works fine in my Workspace.

Just to double check, are you using the same steps as below?

1. Select the query and right click to delete

deletesecondquery.png

2. You get a dialog which confirms the deletion of that specific query?

deletesecondquery_02.png

3. The Explorer refreshes and the query is gone from the My Queries folder (which assume is the part which goes wrong for you?)

onlyoneleft.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Kudoed Authors