Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

agneum
Helper II
Helper II

Fabric general feedback

Some feedback in no particular order:

The more options "..." button that is shown next to schemas, folder, columns etc. Is quite far to the right and sometimes even inside the scroolbar. It would be nice if it could be made more visible. Since this menu is dependant on the item in the explorer it would make more sense to show contextual items based on the object/folder/schema/column/etc. you click on (not everything can be selected in the explorer either).

It would be nice to enable to show the datatypes of columns instead of the icon that represents numbers or text. The only way right now to see a data type is if you hover over a column. The datatype columns are also too large and I feel these shouldn't take up the same size as a table or folder . I would make them take up less space on screen, epecially for larger FnO tables with over 40 columns.

Speaking of UX i would like to see the type of connections I have in the explorer. What type of data source is it. Would also be nice to have views of your explorer. For example I do not want to see sys and information schema, I would like to right click and hide those.

I would like an option to now preview tables and views when you click on them. It should behave like in SSMS, tables should only be loaded when you click to preview the data.

When opening a new query window and simply typing text, sometimes it is so slow that every input I see the small loading bar spinning (autosave?) in the open tab for more than 5 seconds on every input, during which I cannot do anything and it's completely unusable. This seems to be the case when I import a lakehouse connection to my warehouse. Perhaps the intellisense or something is acting up, not sure. Other times the loading is delayed by minutes, shows a splash screen logo of fabric icon then just crashes. SQL Query editor is unusable for me and you are forced to run SSMS.

I don't understand why everything is case sensitive. SQL has never been case sensitive when it comes to table names and datatypes (for sql server, azure sql, and synapse serverless). Now suddenly everything is case sensitive? Even the intellisense when you hover over the incorrect (for example camel cased) table name seems to recognize what table you are referring to, but when you execute the query it throws error.

Would be nice if there was a way to create materialized views. It's quite often the case you want to have a table with reporting data that is typically too expensive to calculate every time you open the view. Instead, if you could have a table linked to a view it would greatly reduce the complexity of maintaining your own flows and process for this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ,
Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback link , which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.        
Feedback Link : Home (microsoft.com)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi ,
Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback link , which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.        
Feedback Link : Home (microsoft.com)

Hi @agneum ,
Glad your query got resolved. Please continue using Microsoft Fabric Community for help regarding your issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.