Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mrojze
Helper I
Helper I

Fabric deployment options

HI all,

As we know, Fabric being new, deployment pipelines only support some PowerBI objects.

So, while we wait for Microsoft to release the functionality, where are our options? How do you deploy Notebooks, Lakehouses, DataFlows v2 to TEST and PROD?

Script by script?

How do you deal with Dataflows?

Thanks,

-Martin

7 REPLIES 7
mrojze
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks @v-gchenna-msft 

I was aware of this feature, and it will be awesome when it will include all objects.

My questions was, that in the meantime, what do we do? What'd be the best way to deploy while we wait for the pipelines?

Hi @mrojze ,

Thanks for using the Fabric community.
I have reached to the internal for help on this. I will update you once I hear from them.

Hi @mrojze ,
I have reached the internal team regarding the unsupported items in the deployment and they have updated me that there's no alternative approach to deploy unsupported items in Deployment pipelines. However, the workloads are working on adding their artifacts to Deployment pipelines these days and some are planned to be supported by GA.
Hence I request you to wait for the new version gets deployed.
Thanks for understanding.

Thank you,
Chenna Gopi Krishna

Hi @mrojze ,

Following up to check whether your query got resolved. If you have any further queries please do let us know.

Thanks @v-gchenna-msft for your support.

I am still looking for options. I do understant that the pipeliens are not ready. I was asking for work arounds while we wait.

There has to be a way, like manually moving worloads from one ws to the other. 

For example if we have a Notebook we can save it and import it.

For ADF maybe we could export the ARM file and reimported into the new ws?

The issue is that if I start a project now, I have to have a way to move things around. 

Hi @mrojze ,

Thanks for using the Fabric community.
I have reached to the internal for help on this. I will update you once I hear from them.

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mrojze ,

Welcome to Fabric Community platform and thanks for posting your question here.

As I understand you are trying to work with deployments. Currently deployments in Fabric is having few limitations.

Deployment.png

As per the official document: The deployment pipelines process there are some items which are support and some items which are unsupported.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback channel. Which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.