Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ruxandraalina
Helper I
Helper I

Connecting to Fabric Warehouse - integrated security error

Hello, 

I've been struggling with an error and hopefully someone can provide some guidance. 

I have a Gen2 dataflow that collects data from an ODATA feed. This dataflow is then used to populate a Fabric Warehouse. 

Then, I am using the SQL endpoint in Power BI Desktop in order to import the data from a view in the Warehouse. 

I was able to successfully set everything up, developed the report, even refreshed the dataset multiple times. 

However, out of a sudden, I get below error. I haven't changed anything in my dataflow/warehouse/dataset. 

ruxandraalina_0-1700053334201.png

Does anyone know what the error might represent? 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ruxandraalina 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the issue that you are facing.

Here are some possible explanations for the error you are encountering.

• Make sure that you have the latest version of Power BI Desktop installed.
  • Try to use a different authentication mode when connecting to the SQL server. By default, Power BI Desktop uses Windows authentication, which may not work for some SQL servers.
  • Please check the firewall rules for the SQL server and the Power BI service.

If the issue still persists, please let us know.

I hope this helps. Please do let us know if you have any questions.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-cboorla-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ruxandraalina 

Thanks for using Microsoft Fabric Community.

Apologies for the issue that you are facing.

Here are some possible explanations for the error you are encountering.

• Make sure that you have the latest version of Power BI Desktop installed.
  • Try to use a different authentication mode when connecting to the SQL server. By default, Power BI Desktop uses Windows authentication, which may not work for some SQL servers.
  • Please check the firewall rules for the SQL server and the Power BI service.

If the issue still persists, please let us know.

I hope this helps. Please do let us know if you have any questions.

Hi @v-cboorla-msft 

Thank you! I have updated the SQL Server authentication method under 'Manage connections and gateways' and set it to OAuth 2.0. I'm not sure what this actually means, but it is working now. 

Hi @ruxandraalina 

Glad that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community for any help regarding your queries.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors