Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

anawast
Employee
Employee

Automate creation of Lakehouse Connections.

Hi. We wanted to build a compeletely automated process for creating one lake shortcuts. We came across this for creating one lake shortcuts using APIs: OneLake Shortcuts - Create Shortcut - REST API (Core) | Microsoft Learn. However the API request requires a connection ID of an existing connection in the lakehouse. We therefore wanted to automate the creation of these connections. However we were unable to find a way to automate that. Do you have any solution?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @anawast ,

As I understand you were looking for a way to get this connection id automatically.

vgchennamsft_0-1714648415475.png

But for now we only have this option to copy the connection id and use it in the API.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback link , which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.
Feedback Link : Home (microsoft.com)

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @anawast ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.

I would like to understand, how API is stopping you to acheive - automate the creation?
How are you planning to automate? Are your using Data Pipelines? Or any? If you can provide these details, I can help you better.

Docs that might provide you some insights -
Programmatically Creating, Managing Lakehouses in Fabric

We wnat to automate the creation of a connection in the lakehouse. Is there any API to achieve the same? When i say connection i mean the creation if the item whose id we provide as the connectionid in the create shortcut API. 

anawast_0-1714636196164.png

Hi @anawast ,

As I understand you were looking for a way to get this connection id automatically.

vgchennamsft_0-1714648415475.png

But for now we only have this option to copy the connection id and use it in the API.

Appreciate if you could share the feedback on our feedback link , which would be open for the user community to upvote & comment on. This allows our product teams to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and gives insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.
Feedback Link : Home (microsoft.com)

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hi @anawast ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

Hi @anawast ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if your query was answered.
Otherwise, will respond back with the more details and we will try to help .

Thanks

Hi @anawast ,

Glad to know that you got some insights over your query. Please continue using Fabric Community on your further queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.