Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlanZ
Helper I
Helper I

Understanding CU Limits and Metrics App

Hello,

I'm frustratingly getting the below error message when trying to work with data in my Fabric trial:

DataSource.CapacityExceeded: Unable to complete the action because your organization's Fabric compute capacity has exceeded its limits. Try again later.

However, the Metrics app doesn't show my CU ever getting anywhere close to its limit.

Across time:

AlanZ_0-1709649755478.png

Last Few Days:

AlanZ_1-1709649802756.png

Why is Fabric locking me out / telling me that I don't have any CU available, when the App indicates that I'm never using more than ~6% of my CUs? Am I misinterpreting something?

Thanks for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please go ahead and create a support ticket so an engineer can take a look at it:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hello @AlanZ ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Thanks for your help, @v-gchenna-msft .

I can confirm that the Capacity Metrics app in Fabric still doesn't have many anywhere close to CU capacity:

AlanZ_0-1709731132356.png

And I'm still locked out due to "compute capacity has exceeded its limits". This is definitely becoming a bigger issue now that it's been about 24 hours since this started.

Please go ahead and create a support ticket so an engineer can take a look at it:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support

Thanks; I've done so, SR2403070040009240. Appreciate your guidance.

MLingo
Frequent Visitor

What was the result of the support ticket?  I have the same thing happening to me, except this is happening in a purchased capacity.

@MLingo , in my case-- the Metrics App was actually telling the truth! I wasn't over capacity; it was a false warning / inaccurate error. In order to clear the inaccurate errror, I needed to wipe out the credentials, cache, and maybe a few other things (it's been a minute). Think I deleted the credentials and manually reentered them. Hopefully they're able to fix the error output at some point.

That being said, your case obviously might be different from mine.

MLingo
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for the reply!  That wokred for me.  This has been driving me crazy for a couple of hours.  Here are the steps I did to get this working...

1) Data source settings (transform data/data source settings)

2) Clear Permissions (confirm you want to clear)

3) Transform data and enter new data source crednetials.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

March 2024 FBC Gallery Image

Fabric Monthly Update - March 2024

Check out the March 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.