Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Frake
Frequent Visitor

MashupException.Error: Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x000000FF

Hi,

I have been having issues with my dataflow for a while now and could really use some help.

A bit of background.

We have an on-premise production server from which we want to extract data. The IT department has installed an on-premise data gateway to allow me to reach the server. 

From there I wrote a script in M to issue calls to using a REST API to the server. This part all seems to work fine. The preview works, publishing works, but whenever I try refreshing I get the following error:

GetAllTags_WriteToDataDestination: Mashup Exception Error Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issue with the mashup document MashupException.Error: Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x000000FF. PID: 1212. Details: GatewayObjectId: 301f7624-4474-48a9-8cf0-1df23aeaf097

Here a Screenshot:

Frake_0-1715173749356.png

As far as I understand I dont actually make the mashup document myself, right? At least not the Write to destination part. It feels like there is an error just outside of my controll. 

What is especilally frustrating is that this construction has worked in the past (for like a week, but still). Now I cant get it to work again even though im using the exact same code (probably).

I have already tried completly rebuilding my dataflow, writing to a fresh lakehouse but both dont seem to work. I have altered my queries endlessly but with no real effects. Im currently suspecting the gateway, but im not sure. IT has been difficult so if I can solve it myself that would be prefered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If any additional context is needed let me know.
(PS. I work part-time so I might take a few days to respond sometime)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Frake
Frequent Visitor

It ended up being a Gateway Issue. After updating my gateway to April 2024 version,  the error: MashupException.Error: Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x000000FF stopped occuring. 

Thanks for you all.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Frake
Frequent Visitor

It ended up being a Gateway Issue. After updating my gateway to April 2024 version,  the error: MashupException.Error: Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x000000FF stopped occuring. 

Thanks for you all.

Hi @Frake ,

Glad to know that your query got resolved. Please continue using Fabric Community on your further queries.

pqian_MSFT
Employee
Employee

@Frake , the error message you pasted doesn't match the one in the screenshot, which one are you trying to investigate?

There's the "Container exited unexpectedly with code 0x000000FF" - this one indicate the container has crashed. Usually queries that you author should not be able to crash the container, this can be caused by bad drivers, incorrect setup, etc.

There's the "The value is not updatable" - this error indicates there are problems trying to insert to your destination. We'll need to see the GW logs (with additional logging enabled) to see what the upstream error is.

Hi @Frake ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
In case if you are still facing the issue, can you please reach out to our support team so they can take a closer look - Link 

After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Thank you

Hi @v-gchenna-msft, thanks for reaching out.

Due to an on-site emergency, I haven't been able to look at your initial response. Wednesday I should be able to get some work in and take a look at the logs (once I have figured out how to.)

As for the fact that I have (accidentally) submitted 2 different errors, they should be different instances that have nearly identical (if not fully identical) queries. I rebuilt my dataflow multiple times because I hoped having a 'fresh' dataflow would help resolve my mashup errors. I'll investigate if they are indeed identical, and if not, which one is the version that has worked in the past.

Ill look into it and get back as quick as I can.

Kind regards,

Frake

rubayatyasmin
Super User
Super User

Hi, @Frake 

I have faced the same issue as well. In my case, I found out I had transformation issue meaning data type problem in a column. So,  try to find out if this is the case for you. Also, sometimes I saw if I disable the staging that works too. Disable staging worked for others as well. 

refer: Solved: Re: Couldn't refresh the entity because of an issu... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Also, make sure the entity name dosen't have any special character or so. 

Also, check the data gateway connection 

refer: On-premises data gateway considerations for data destinations in Dataflow Gen2 - Microsoft Fabric | ...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!super-user-logo

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors