Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

marius1106

MS Fabric connection to MS SQL on-premise data with dataflow gen2

I have some data in a database in MS SQL on-premise and want to load them to MS Fabric. I tried it with a dataflow gen2 and a gateway for the on-premise data. The connection to the datasource in my dataflow worked, but when I want to write my data to a lakehouse it can't open my destination-lakehouse (shown in screenshot). (A colleague has the same problem when he tries it)

MS Fabric on-premise daten laden.jpg

Did I something wrong in the connection-settings or is it currently not possible to connect to an on-premise MS SQL database? Is there a workaround?

Thank you,

Marius

6 REPLIES 6
miguel
Community Admin
Community Admin

We can't really reach a conclusion from the screenshot or the information provided. It would be best to raise a ticket with the support team so they can make sure that:

1. The Lakehouse exists and is accessible by the user creating the Dataflow Gen2 

2. The Lakehouse is not corrupt and has a reachable endpoint

If this is only happening with a single Lakehouse, it could be an issue with the Lakehouse.

Hi @marius1106 ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
Otherwise, please create a support ticket so team will look into your issue.
After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

Hi @marius1106 ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you have a resolution yet.
Otherwise, please create a support ticket so team will look into your issue.
After creating a Support ticket please provide the ticket number as it would help us to track for more information.

MOVC
Helper II
Helper II

Doesn't the Lakehouse have to be in the same workspace as the Gen2 Dataflow? It looks like you've made the dataflow in My Workspace. 

The dataflow and the lakehouse is both in "my workspace"

Apologies, I must have misread the screenshot. I would just try doing this in a regular premium or trial capacity workspace instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.