Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AnthonyGenovese
Resolver III
Resolver III

Dataflow Gen2 with lots of queries Crashing

I have a dataflow gen2 with 46 queries in it. (Loads a bunch of small dimension tables to the lakehouse).

AnthonyGenovese_2-1692814714044.png

When I open the dataflow editor, it opens with the mouse spinning. Then after 5 minutes it crashes to an error as seen below.

AnthonyGenovese_0-1692814668523.png

Session ID: 0670394e-d031-4928-9088-e00ec56c722d

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
DennesTorres
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi,

I suggest you report it as an issue (https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues) or open a support ticket, there is not enough to reach a conclusion.

However, would it be possible to break this down in multiple dataflows ? You can still orchestrate all of them using a pipeline.

Kind Regards,

Dennes

View solution in original post

SachinSridhar
Employee
Employee

@AnthonyGenovese Are you still seeing this issue? We believe it's transient and shouldn't be showing up anymore. If you're still seeing it, I'd suggest hard reloading the page with your Dataflow Gen2:

- Press F12 to bring up your browser's developer tools window

- Click and hold your brower's refresh button to bring up more options. Click on "Empty cache and hard refresh":

SachinSridhar_0-1693265258723.png

If this doesn't fix the issue, let us know.

AnthonyGenovese
Resolver III
Resolver III

It looks like this issue no longer happens. It is slow and takes a while to load or interact with, but it doesn't crash. 

I think best practice at this point is to make sure you limit your queries to something more managable, because having 46 in one dataflow did now work well.   Maybe there should be some best practices published on this! It allows me to select *all* the tables I want in the wizard. 

3 REPLIES 3
AnthonyGenovese
Resolver III
Resolver III

It looks like this issue no longer happens. It is slow and takes a while to load or interact with, but it doesn't crash. 

I think best practice at this point is to make sure you limit your queries to something more managable, because having 46 in one dataflow did now work well.   Maybe there should be some best practices published on this! It allows me to select *all* the tables I want in the wizard. 

SachinSridhar
Employee
Employee

@AnthonyGenovese Are you still seeing this issue? We believe it's transient and shouldn't be showing up anymore. If you're still seeing it, I'd suggest hard reloading the page with your Dataflow Gen2:

- Press F12 to bring up your browser's developer tools window

- Click and hold your brower's refresh button to bring up more options. Click on "Empty cache and hard refresh":

SachinSridhar_0-1693265258723.png

If this doesn't fix the issue, let us know.

DennesTorres
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi,

I suggest you report it as an issue (https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues) or open a support ticket, there is not enough to reach a conclusion.

However, would it be possible to break this down in multiple dataflows ? You can still orchestrate all of them using a pipeline.

Kind Regards,

Dennes

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors