Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

dkata
Frequent Visitor

Fabric - Data Pipeline failing on Notebook for UserAuth

I have created a notebook which worked fine when manually running from the notebook.

Then, I have created a pipeline and add the notebook. When I trigger the pipeline, it always fails with the below error:

============================

Failed to get UserAuth access token. The error message is: AADSTS65002: Consent between first party application '5d13f7d7-0567-429c-9880-320e9555e5fc' and first party resource '45feacce-5563-4bf5-a1e6-2c0263c7c23c' must be configured via preauthorization - applications owned and operated by Microsoft must get approval from the API owner before requesting tokens for that API. Trace ID: 34714f12-8cd9-457a-af8f-df8f06361d00 Correlation ID: eb96131f-77a3-46e4-bd9e-ca9df7bc0719 Timestamp: 2023-12-15 19:28:56Z.

============================

dkata_1-1702668566302.png

when clicking "Validate", it shows there is no error found. 

even I tried the pipeline with a simple code in notebook like below:

dkata_0-1702668281785.png

It keeps failing with the same error..

I do have proper permission on the Fabric Workspace (Admin) and there is no other data source needed to be connected in the data pipeline, because the pipeline contains only the notebook...

I googled websites but there is no useful information...

Thank you in advance for your help.

13 REPLIES 13
dkata
Frequent Visitor

@v-gchenna-msft 

Just an additional information which I tested and found out. The issue I have been facing might be related to a region where a Fabric is created.

< Synapse Link with Dataverse for D365 > - Canada East

< Fabric Workspace > - Canada East

with the above combination, the error occurs.

But when I tried the below combination, it works.

< Synapse Link with Dataverse for D365 > - Canada East

< Fabric Workspace > - North Central US

So, there might be something related to regions where Fabric resides and where data source resides.

(In document as well as a Fabric popup, it menstions that both Fabric and data source should be in the same region that is why we created a new fabric workspace with the same region. But it seems not working (maybe Canada East is not eligble to use full features in Fabric), so I tested it with other region which works.)

I will work with the 2nd combination which works at this moment, but please let me know if you know about the issue. If not, I will then close this case later at this moment...

Thanks

Hi @dkata ,

Thanks for sharing detail information of the issue. 
At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this issue.
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Hi @v-gchenna-msft 

Thank you for your follow up. I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Hi @dkata ,

Can you please share whether you owns the Pipeline?

Every Fabric Item has an Owner, so is the Owner of the Pipeline the same as the user executing the notebook -

vgchennamsft_0-1703230619035.png

Thank you

@v-gchenna-msft 

Yes, I am the owner of all the data pipelines and notebooks in question. Besides, I am the owner of the Fabric Workspace as well as admin on Fabric Capacity.

Thank you

Thank you for sharing, let me check with internal.
Appreciate your patience.

Hi @dkata ,

Apologies for the issue you have been facing.
Team recommended to open a support ticket - " ownership should mean the artifacts execute as that user, meaning if the user can execute interactively, but not through a pipeline then something odd is happening ", as this might require a deeper investigation from our engineering team and they can guide you better.

Please go ahead and raise a support ticket to reach our support team:

https://support.fabric.microsoft.com/support
Please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Hi @dkata ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got a chance to create a support ticket. In case if you have created please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

Hi @dkata ,

We haven’t heard from you on the last response and was just checking back to see if you got a chance to create a support ticket. In case if you have created please provide the ticket number here as we can keep an eye on it.

@v-gchenna-msft 

here is the ticket info :

Incident title: Fabric - Data Pipeline failing on Notebook for UserAuth
Support request number: 2401040040006646

Hi @dkata ,

Thanks for sharing it, Team will be looking into the issue shortly. Please continue using Fabric Community for your further queries.

dkata
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-gchenna-msft ,

Thank you for your response. To answer your question, No, the pipeline has been keeping on failing since the beginning, so it has never been successful. And yes, I still face the issue.

One thing that I think it might be a potential cause is that the data source is a "shortcut" of Synapse Link for Dataverse (ADLS gen2). As I am working on POC to relay data from D365F&O to Fabric through Synapse Link for Dataverse, I face the issue. When I tested other data source (Import Data from SQL DB to Fabric), then a pipeline on notebook worked fine.

Please let me know if you have any idea how come this Auth issue comes up in notebook...

Thanks,

v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dkata ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community. 

I would like to know whether you were able to execute the notebook using pipeline previously.
Are you still facing this issue? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April Fabric Update Carousel

Fabric Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors