Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

BW_RFA
Helper I
Helper I

Check if a pipeline is currently running

Hi,

I have a scheduled pipeline that runs every 15 minutes. 

Once a day it may ingest a lotof data and the pipeline runs for over 15 minutes, meaning the next run tries to process the same data etc.

Is there a way to automatically check whether the pipeline is currently running (from within the pipeline) so I don't run it multiple times if it currently ongoing? I would check to see if the pipeline is running and stop the current run if it is.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BW_RFA 
Apologies for the misunderstanding. Directly checking the pipeline's status within an ongoing pipeline in Microsoft Fabric isn't currently available. You can set the concurrency limit to 1 in the pipeline settings. The maximum number of concurrent runs the pipeline can have is called Concurrency. By default, there is no maximum. If the concurrency limit is reached, additional pipeline runs are queued until earlier ones complete.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1708338889502.pngvnikhilanmsft_1-1708338984174.png

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further queries.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NandanHegde
Super User
Super User

Unfortunately As of today Fabric data pipelines do not have any REST API because of which we cannot check the status of the pipeline at run time dynamically.

But you can enable the concurrency property wherein making it 1 would ensure only 1 instnace of pipeline is running and have others in queue.

NandanHegde_0-1708339496608.png

v-nikhilan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BW_RFA 
Thanks for using Fabric Community.
You can go to the monitoring hub in a pipeline to check the status of pipeline runs.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1708335045410.png

vnikhilanmsft_1-1708335093921.png

vnikhilanmsft_2-1708335143595.png
For more information please refer to this link:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/fabric/data-factory/monitoring-hub-pipeline-runs

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I think you have misunderstood my question.

I want to do this automatically from within a pipeline so that if the same pipeline is still running it will stop.

Thanks

Hi @BW_RFA 
Apologies for the misunderstanding. Directly checking the pipeline's status within an ongoing pipeline in Microsoft Fabric isn't currently available. You can set the concurrency limit to 1 in the pipeline settings. The maximum number of concurrent runs the pipeline can have is called Concurrency. By default, there is no maximum. If the concurrency limit is reached, additional pipeline runs are queued until earlier ones complete.

vnikhilanmsft_0-1708338889502.pngvnikhilanmsft_1-1708338984174.png

Thanks,

Does this work with scheduled triggers of the same pipeline?

Hi @BW_RFA 
Yes the concurrency works for scheduled triggers also.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.