Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

BW_RFA
Helper I
Helper I

Deployment Pipelines Can't start deployment of notebook in folder

I have a notebook in a folder in my dev workspace. A folder of the same name exists in Production.

When I try to deploy I get the following error: 

BW_RFA_1-1712131934784.png

When I take it out of a folder it deploys fine. 

Is this the place to post bugs?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BW_RFA ,

Based on this statement - " I have a notebook in a folder in my dev workspace. A folder of the same name exists in Production. " - I would like to know, same folder in Prod, you didn't create it on Prod, right?

Note: If you created the folder manually then it will not be paired. please delete it from prod.
and retry.

This looks like a user error. Items will not be paired to source when created on target by the user (and not by deploy or assign), just like any other artifact the same for subfolders.

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-gchenna-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BW_RFA ,

Thanks for using Fabric Community.
Can you please confirm whether you are facing this issue, when you have folder in your workspace?

I have the folder in both workspaces. When the notebook is within the folder in dev workspace, the deployment pipeline fails as above.

When I move the notebook so that it is no folders (just the workspace) the deployment is fine.

Hello @BW_RFA ,

At this time, we are reaching out to the internal team to get some help on this .
We will update you once we hear back from them.

Hi @BW_RFA ,

Based on this statement - " I have a notebook in a folder in my dev workspace. A folder of the same name exists in Production. " - I would like to know, same folder in Prod, you didn't create it on Prod, right?

Note: If you created the folder manually then it will not be paired. please delete it from prod.
and retry.

This looks like a user error. Items will not be paired to source when created on target by the user (and not by deploy or assign), just like any other artifact the same for subfolders.

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know incase of further queries.

Hi @BW_RFA ,

Glad to know that your issue got resolved.
Please continue using Fabric Community on your further queries.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Expanding the Synapse Forums

New forum boards available in Synapse

Ask questions in Data Engineering, Data Science, Data Warehouse and General Discussion.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayFBCUpdateCarousel

Fabric Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Fabric update to learn about new features.