Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

karrywei
Regular Visitor

slow loading reports in web

hello all,

I just noticed all my reports (less than 20 reports) are taking long time to load in the web page (https://app.powerbi.com/), since the beginning of Apr, 2023. and before Apr, everything was much faster.

all my reports are running for months, no changes.

So, i'm wondering if there's any issue recently in power bi to slow down the performance ?

Thank you all.

Wei

7 REPLIES 7
zanottiluca
Helper II
Helper II

hi @karrywei  and @visheshjain  this is happening to us as well recently. 

In brief the refresh takes a bit more but is the navigation that is really painful, it seems is stuck in the Loading report for a good 10 minutes. 

All the reports did not change and we have on-prem gateway. 

Wonder i there are any updates in the service at all? I can see the icons have changed in the service (report vs dataset) and aslo some date format in the service are different therefore I am assuming some deployment  has recently happened in the service . 

YES, that's the exact same thing happens on my reports, nothing changed, but all of a sudden, it's slow. I strongly doubt something changed in the server side, which is out of our control

karrywei
Regular Visitor

Hello @visheshjain ,

Thank you for your suggestion. But I'm not using gateway, all my reports are on-premises, so gateway is not needed.

Moreover, I also noticed some font colors and line colors were also 'automatically' changed by power bi service, very strange 😵

Thank you

Wei

Hi @karrywei,

Please can you clarify for us, that the refreshes you are talking about are they PBI Service refresh or PBI Desktop refresh?

Did I answer your question?
If yes, then please mark my post as a solution!

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

Proud to be a Super User!

hello @visheshjain

It's the PBI service, not the desktop. the same reports runs pretty fast in desktop.

Hi @karrywei,

The desktop refreshes will always be faster, as they depend on the specs of your machine.

I had a question in regards to your current and a previous response, that if you are talking about the refreshes in PBI Service, how are you refreshing without a gateway?

Do you have data coming from some cloud source that does not require a gateway? If yes, then please also check if the same source is being used in refreshing multiple reports at the same time or not.

This is all that I can think of, that you can do until MS upgrades its infrastructure.

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

visheshjain
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @karrywei,

Please can you check the machine on which the gateway is installed.

If there are other things running on that machine, which might be using the RAM, it might slow down the refreshes.

I have reports that are less than 500KB and yet they took over an hour to refresh, without any plausible explanation.

I have experienced this in the past and have raised so many tickets with the MS Support team but haven't had a concrete solution from them.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Vishesh Jain

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors