Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

strongCoreZach
Advocate II
Advocate II

service seeming to change my rangestart parameter

I need data going back to 2020 for a report. In the past, 2021 was fine. My rangestart parameter was 1/1/2021. I changed it to 1/1/2020. After publishing it and connecting to the dataset, I had the 2020 data. However, when the dataset finished refreshing in the service, it went back to 1/1/2021. This dataset is setup for incremental refresh. Any idea what's going on here? Why doesn't the parameter rangestart keep the 1/1/2020 value?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @strongCoreZach 

To keep January 1, 2020 data, you should make sure that Archive data starting before refresh date setting has 2020 data in it. You can adjust your settings according to the parameter descriptions in the documentation.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-overview#define-policy 

vyetao1msft_1-1705631168433.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @strongCoreZach 

To keep January 1, 2020 data, you should make sure that Archive data starting before refresh date setting has 2020 data in it. You can adjust your settings according to the parameter descriptions in the documentation.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/incremental-refresh-overview#define-policy 

vyetao1msft_1-1705631168433.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors