Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

creed99

"There was an error communicating with Analysis Services - No OLE DB Error Found"

error.jpg

Anyone have an idea why this might be happening? Reports and paginated reports are connected to Smartsheet; The reports work for just about everyone else who receives a link except for this person. Their email is added to the subscription and to permission sets.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I was unable to confirm that the browser was the issue, and I also tried removing/readding access.

I found from this post that if you grant the user build access to the dataset it resolves the issue. Not the absolute best solution, but a good enough fix which works for me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @creed99 

What happened if you remove the person from the chair to the report and then readd them back. Could you also confirm that the single user is using the same browser version as everyone else?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

I was unable to confirm that the browser was the issue, and I also tried removing/readding access.

I found from this post that if you grant the user build access to the dataset it resolves the issue. Not the absolute best solution, but a good enough fix which works for me.

Hi @creed99 

Yes, that is valid because to connect to the semantic model via a driver, the user needs to have the build permissions.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors