Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

andygoh

"Something Went Wrong" Error Message When Opening Up Shared Dataset from Another Workspace

Hi All,

I am in the midst of trying to setup a workspace structure with 1 main workspace, maintained by IT, and other sub workspaces for individual departments.

The datasets will be published on the main workspace by IT with configured roles for row level security. This row level security will limit the data that they can see to only their department's. Read/build access is then shared to the users of individual departments for creating reports off of this dataset for publishing in their own individual department workspaces or personal workspace. Department users do not have any access to the IT workspace.

When I am on the department user's account, I am able to see this shared dataset in my data hub. However, when I try to create a report from it, I always get a "Something went wrong" error message. There doesn't seem to be any meaningful error code (e.g., 401) on the screen.

Any ideas what could be the cause? Am I missing some security/permission settings or have some misconceptions about how all this works?

Thanks a bunch.

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @andygoh ,

Have you resolved the issue now? If not , could you please provide more details about the error? A screenshot or the operations before the error appears.

Errors occur in only one workspace or in all workspaces? 

I have also found a similar post, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Solved: Something went wrong - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors