Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gemgorey
Advocate I
Advocate I

publishing dataset

Hi alll!

Has anyone had any problems with publishing their dataset? I have had no problems until last night, however now the dataset refuses to publish and hangs at dialogue box for publishing to service.

However oddly, when I check the data in my connected reports, the data seems to be being updated, yet the box never gets to the success stage.

Want to check if something is going on, or if its my computer/internet?!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gemgorey
Advocate I
Advocate I

I've spent half the afternoon onto support and they can't get to the bottom of it. I have done some more messing and  *think* its to do with an admin that isn't a dataset owner trying to republish the model, with the tenant settings that block this action being enabled. It was as if the service thought the dataset was being refreshed by him for the past four days, and no-one could publish anything. Unchecking that setting in tenant settings and having him republish, to complete whatever stuck-loop powerbi was in, has seemed to do the trick. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gemgorey
Advocate I
Advocate I

I've spent half the afternoon onto support and they can't get to the bottom of it. I have done some more messing and  *think* its to do with an admin that isn't a dataset owner trying to republish the model, with the tenant settings that block this action being enabled. It was as if the service thought the dataset was being refreshed by him for the past four days, and no-one could publish anything. Unchecking that setting in tenant settings and having him republish, to complete whatever stuck-loop powerbi was in, has seemed to do the trick. 

Thejeswar
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @gemgorey ,

I have faced this issue couple of times, where the publishing takes forever to complete. But the next time, the same report would publish in no time.

Have not been able to find any real reason behind it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors