Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jerome22
Helper I
Helper I

looking for a Business Rules Management System tool to use on top of Fabric / Power BI

Hi,

I'm looking for a Business Rules Management System tool to use on top of our Fabric BI stack.

We want to monitor hundreds of contracts each of them will have different compliance rules to follow.

so thousands of control points to create and monitor at different frequencies.

for example, if we have an expected drop in some stats year over year; or if the is no data coming from a device for the past 3 days; some data not matching another datset ...

I have to related these control point to the corresponding contract and offer some sort of dashboard per contract.

so I'm looking for tools which can be used on top of our Fabric infrastructure to do this.

any idea or guides?

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuxinyi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jerome22 

Please check the following documents to see if they will meet your needs:

Setting up alerts can notify you when data changes in the dashboard exceed the limits you set. If you are a free license user, you can set up alerts on a tile in my workspace or the dashboard of a premium capacity shared by others, or if you are a pro license user, you can set up alerts on a tile in another workspace.

Set data alerts in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

The Data Activator can be used to monitor the data in the report, and can be used to automatically take action when the data volume reaches the limit, or when a certain situation occurs.

Introduction to Data Activator - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Yulia Xu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, I checked these options, but they are not able to achieve what I want to do.

I'll have to create and maintain thousands of rules organized by department and by contract.

my user will have to take action, potentially starting some formal compliance processes (and we'll need to connect these compliance processes to the alerts and the underlying data to allow the managers to take the right decision all of this may finish with financial implications like bonuses or maluses)

so I'm looking for tools with some sort of centralized management allowing us to manage this.

for now I'm planning to create my own tool.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors