Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rhill
Helper I
Helper I

getting repeating alerts

I have set up alerts to trigger when a visual reaches a certain threshold. It works fine except that the notification repeats 8-10 (every 1-2 seconds). I can't figure out why. Has anyone else seen this?

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rhill,

How did you setting the alert , can you share some detail contents about this? Did you try to use trigger flow to manage alert?

Based on test, I found current it only support two date range( per 24 hour or each hours).
In addition, I think the issue may caused by the network delay or email received failed.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I pinned a visual to a dashboard and set an alert. I do also have a flow set up, but this issue was happening before I set up the flow. I have set it up for no more than once per 24 hours. The issue, again, is that I get an alert multiple times in a row. One right after another. About 8-15 times. 

Hi @rhill,

I think the issue may related to your network status, maybe you can try to turn off one of them to test.  

BTW, if you setting power bi alert and flow alert at the same time, you will receive twice of alert messages.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

I'm not sure what you mean by "maybe you can try to turn off one of them to test". One what?

Also, here is a screenshot of my issue. As you can see, all of these are the same and they all came in at 3:11p.  The flow I set up actually sends me an email, not a notification.

Capture.PNG

HI @rhill,

Since I can't reproduce your issue, I'd like to suggest you create a ticket for this issue.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors