Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

eyuboglu
Regular Visitor

embed code changes

Hi, I am having an issue with embedding codes. Some of my embedding codes change after a while for some of my reports. I use "Publish to Web" option and use iframe code. I did not make any changes to the actual report. Thanks! 

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @eyuboglu,

Where did the resource host? Your personal workspace or group workspace? Have you share these contents to other users with 'edit' permissions? If this is a case, please double check on the users who has permission to use publish to web feature to confirm if they modify on you shared resources.

Notice: you can use 'audit log' to trace the activity logs to confirm if other users modify these contents.

Track user activities in Power BI#operations-available-in-the-audit-and-activity-logs 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@v-shex-msft -- Thanks for your quick response

- the reports are under my personal workspace
- I did not share these reports with anyone, so no-one else has access to them

I upload more than 15 pbix files every month for our citizens to see the reports, for that reason I choose "Publish to web" option so no one has to sign in and see these reports. I have been doing this almost a year, and recently I started having this problem-- which is when a citizen clicks on the embedded report page it would say "this content isn't available". I looked at the embedding code on the page and Power BI page-- I realized the embedding code on Power BI has changed not the one I copied to our custom page a while ago. This does not happen to all the reports only happens some random reports.

I will try to look at the audit reports and see if I can find something. If you have any other ideas please let me know. Thanks again.

@v-shex-msft  -- I looked at the Audit Logs no one edited those files, no one could not becuase no one other than me has access to them. Please let me know what you think. Thanks!

HI @eyuboglu,

Ok,  I think you may need to contact to power bi team to trace the backend reasons for shared resource changes without any operations.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors