Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

dinoscool3
Helper I
Helper I

Why is Power BI.com zeroing out my measures from Desktop?

I have a power bi desktop report that I have uploaded to the web version to allow my colleagues to consume the data. Unfortunetly, it seems whenever the data is automatically refreshed it zeros out the majority of my measures. If I pull it up in desktop and refresh the numbers are still there, and I can reupload and it will show the numbers until the next automatic refresh.

It is a large file, but by no means the largest, and it has a large number of measures. It is the only report that I have this problem with. Any idea what might be causing it?

Desktop Version:

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 13.27.48.png

Web version:

Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 13.24.18.png

2 REPLIES 2
v-zhangti
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @dinoscool3 

According to the Power BI documentation, when you refresh data in a dataset, whether by using Refresh Now or by setting up a refresh schedule, Power BI uses information in the dataset to connect to the data sources defined for it, query for updated data, and then loads the updated data into the dataset. Any visualizations in your reports or dashboards based on the data are updated automatically.

It is possible that the automatic refresh is not properly configured for your report, or there might be some issues with the data sources or the measures themselves. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

1. Check if the data sources are properly configured and connected to the report.
  2. Check if the measures are properly defined and calculated. You can try to recreate the measures to see if the issue persists.
  3. Check if the automatic refresh is properly configured for the report. You can try to disable the automatic refresh and manually refresh the data to see if the issue persists.
  4. Check if there are any conflicts between the data sources, such as overlapping column names or data types.
  5. Check the logs for any error messages or warnings that might provide more information on the issue.

Methods of Refresh - Overview (azure.com)

Refresh Considerations - Overview (azure.com)

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Charlotte

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I think I found out what is happening, but I don't know why. Any of my measures that involve something with dates show a zero. Any measure that does not involve dates show properly. Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors