Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

adams_095

What's the best way to share demo report for client?

Hello everyone,

I've created report in PowerBI and published it on PowerBI Online. I got one report with demo data to show it to clients so that they can see how it works, what it offers and so on. I have a problem with sharing though.

I've created a demo user in my organization, but the problem is it requires two factor authorization (with Microsoft app) so that is useless in my case. I want to share login and password for tens of people and make it work without trouble for everyone.

I've already asked questions about Microsoft community how to disable two-factor authorization, but I couldn't find the answer there. So I thought that maybe there is some other, better soultion of sharing the report?

Thanks for helping me in advance 😉

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

I soleved the problem by disabling default security settings in Microsoft 365 Admin center. Than in fact options MFA works properly 😉 Thank you

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
adams_095

Hi GilbertQ,

I forgot to mention - I'm the organization admin and the owner of the bussines. All settings shows that MFA is disabled but somehow it's still required during log in...

The "Publish to Web" sounds interesting but what PBI features are missing?

Hi @adams_095 

You should be able to configure the MFA from Office 365 and disable or enable it for a specific account. You can also set the specific account for the password not to change.

Publish to web only shows the report and no other capabilities in the Power BI Service.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hello,

I soleved the problem by disabling default security settings in Microsoft 365 Admin center. Than in fact options MFA works properly 😉 Thank you

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @adams_095 

If you want to disable the MFA you would need to chat to your network Admin as they would be able to do this for you?

Or ask them to create an account which does not have MFA enabled.

The only other options are Publish to Web (But this does not show all the PBI features), or to use another tenant in which you could demo?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors