Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

vamshivanguri
Regular Visitor

What is the Power BI REST URI for US Gov Cloud?

Hello,

We are on US Gov Cloud. I am trying to connect to Power BI REST API using Azure App. I was able to successfully procure a token for the GovCloud (https://analysis.usgovcloudapi.net/powerbi/api) using the grant type App Credentials in Postman. But when I am trying to connect using token to REST API using https://api.powerbigov.us/myorg/v1.0/groups it is throwing 403 forbidden error. Am I using the right API URI? Someone please help. 

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-kaiyue-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @vamshivanguri ,

403 forbidden indicates that the token or permission range is incorrect, please make sure your token is correct.

Verification method:
1.Login to power bi service with the corresponding account and enter workspace.

2. Press f12 to enter application.

vkaiyuemsft_0-1715846044438.png

3. Use the content in the secret as the token and initiate a request in postman.

If you can successfully request the data, it means that the original token is not correct, please follow the process to re-apply to ensure its correctness.

If your Current Period does not refer to this, please clarify in a follow-up reply.

Best Regards,

Clara Gong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you.

From your steps, my token is working fine and I am able to figure out Azure App has Permission issues. .

-Vamshi

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors