Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rdnguyen
Helper V
Helper V

Way to back up Data Gateway before unstable update

Good morning, 

I am curious to learn how you setup a fall over when the new update of Gateway is unstable causing congestion in loading data on prime?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

There is no way. There is also no way to downgrade a gateway.  Your only option in such a scenario is to uninstall the offending gateway version and then reinstall the "known good" version.

General guidance is to wait with the installation of a new gateway version until the shouting and screaming on the forums has subsided (two weeks to a month).  If you have the resources, install the new gateway version on a separate test gateway cluster and do some stress testing there before deciding to update your production clusters.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rdnguyen
Helper V
Helper V

Yes, Setting a side a clone server with test gateway is what I did after the incident last week which took me decent amount of time to modify all stagering dataflows.

Thanks @lbendlin!

Please raise this as an issue with the Power BI gateway product team.  If more people do that then maybe some day they will realize that they need to fix it.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

There is no way. There is also no way to downgrade a gateway.  Your only option in such a scenario is to uninstall the offending gateway version and then reinstall the "known good" version.

General guidance is to wait with the installation of a new gateway version until the shouting and screaming on the forums has subsided (two weeks to a month).  If you have the resources, install the new gateway version on a separate test gateway cluster and do some stress testing there before deciding to update your production clusters.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors