Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

alexa_0028
Resolver II
Resolver II

Use deployment pipeline to deploy PBI reports embedded with Power Apps

Hi ,

Does anyone has done it before to deploy PBI having power apps visuals reports using deployment pipeline between DEV/Test/PROD? When I deploy I want DEV PBI report to point to DEV Power Apps, Test PBI report to Test Power Apps and PROD PBI report to PROD Power Apps.

Please help me if this is possible.Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
jordandakota
Frequent Visitor

@v-tangjie-msft That didn't answer the question. You're confusing Power BI Apps with Power Apps. I'll lay it out.

• User has three workspaces -> MyApp [Dev], MyApp [Test], MyApp
  • User has a Power BI report connected to a Power BI dataset
  • User has created a Power BI Deployment Pipeline
  • In deployment pipeline, User has created environment variables and mapped each workspace to a separate variable
    • These environment variables point the data sources at Dev source, Test source, Prod source
  • User has 1 report and 1 dataset in the workspace MyApp [Dev], nothing else as yet
  • In the report, User has 1 table visual and 1 Power App visual
    • Power App visual is connected to a Power App called MyPowerApp [Dev]
    • This Power App has its own deployment pipeline in Power Platform
    • Power App deployment pipeline is MyPowerApp [Dev], MyPowerApp [Test], MyPowerApp

Problem: When user deploys in Power BI Deployment Pipeline from MyApp [Dev] to MyApp [Test], how does user get the embedded Power App visual to now point at MyPowerApp [Test] from MyPowerApp [Dev]?

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @alexa_0028 ,

Please try leveraging the deployment pipeline Power BI REST API to integrate Power BI into your organization's automation process.

As part of the deployment API call, you can update the content of the app related to that stage. With this feature, new or updated Power BI items are automatically available to end users after the deployment is complete. For this action, use Deploy all or Selective deployment APIs and Pipeline update app settings.

Please refer to the following document for more information.

Integrate Power BI Deployment Pipelines with Azure DevOps – Data – Marc (data-marc.com)

How to deploy power bi app with power apps embedde... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Automate your deployment pipeline by using APIs and Azure DevOps - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors