Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

bo_afk
Post Patron
Post Patron

Usage metrics for the whole workspace

Hi,

I can see it's possible to view report metrics across all reports in the workspace using the "new usage report" and via the page "Report List". But is it possible to filter on the date period for this? There are date slicers on the pages for "report usage" and "report performance" but not on "report list".

Thanks

afk

7 REPLIES 7
bo_afk
Post Patron
Post Patron

Hi @v-cazheng-msft, somehow I'm now able to update the data source credentials, however, I am still unable to access the dataset and get the same error message as before.

Please advise.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. By default you can't. The slicer is not on that page. However you can open the dataset and create your own usage metrics page with the data generated with that one. That way you can add the slicer for dates.

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Thanks for the info!

I have another question, there is a usage metrics report in one of my workspaces and when I open it on the report usage page, the heading at the top reads "Usage Metrics (multiple reports selected)" but I can't see any slicers for this. Is it possible to filter on individual reports in here?

That one has probably been modified by some user. By default the usage metrics are created for only ONE report. Then you can connect to the data set and find out that the data contains info about all the reports in the workspace if you want to build something else.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

I have tried to gain access to the dataset but I get the error message below

"Sorry, we couldn't find that dataset

It may have been deleted or you may not have access to view it."

Which is a bit weird because I am admin of the workspace but I am also the one who created the usage metrics report.

How can I access the dataset for this?

Hi @bo_afk,

Please go to the dataset Settings page of the target workspace and update your credential for the Usage Metrics Report dataset there. After that, try again.

vcazhengmsft_0-1654667176268.png

vcazhengmsft_1-1654667176271.png

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Caiyun

Hi @v-cazheng-msft, thanks for the info.

Weirdly, I can't enter data source credentials as apparently, the data source doesn't support refresh.

usage metrics dataset.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors