Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

8shipsbynight
Helper I
Helper I

Usage Statistics Report - Premium App

I have a Premium Workspace where I can provide users access via an App. Is it possible to track the usage of the reports within the App? I seem to be only able to track the usage stats of reports that aren't being accessed via the App.

6 REPLIES 6
v-zhenbw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @8shipsbynight ,

If you want to Monitor reports, you can use the View usage matrix report functioin.

U1.jpg

If you want to track user activities, you can refer this article. Hope it helps.

Maybe you can refer this thread.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/How-do-you-keep-track-of-report-usage/td-p/686189

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ zhenbw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Use your tenant audit logs for that level of detail.

Is this something that only admins have access to? (I'm not an admin... I'm simply a report creator)

Inside your own workspace you can slap report usage reports on each of your reports, but these are only temporary and will be deleted 30 days (or so) after nobody looked at them.

Right.... however, if one of the users is accessing the reports via my App, that view is not being tracked in the usage statistics report.

That's not my experience.  We mandate that users need to use the App (we do not permit sharing from the workspace) and the usage reports are recording everything just fine, including access from mobile devices etc.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors