Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

RichyP80

Upgraded to Capacity - still have trial speeds

We have upgraded this morning to the paid Capacity 128 from the Trial 64. We are not noticing any speed increase whatsoever

We have changed over from the trail to the full capacity in the admin portal. 

Is there something we are missing? Everything we have created thus far has been under the trial, do we need to create a new workspace under the full capacity and migrate everything over? We are still seeing trial 53 days remaining aswell in current workspace so looks like what we have created, still thinks we are on the trial. 

Do we actually have to cancel this trial? Im worried we will loose all that we have created.

RichyP80_0-1713950296206.png

Any help appreciated

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
cpwebb
Employee
Employee

Have you assigned the workspace with all your work in (which is hopefully not your "My Workspace") to your new capacity? See https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-premium-manage#assign-a-workspac...

In general moving to a larger capacity doesn't guarantee faster performance unless you were being throttled on your previous capacity size. Larger capacities allow you to do more things in parallel and while there may be some performance differences between capacity sizes, if you're having performance problems then you'll need to tune whatever it is that's having the problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RichyP80

thanks for the reply, yeah created a seperate workspace so thats all fine. I think you make a good point with the running in parallel. On the trial we were not able to do this on some pipelines, so I think tweaking these will bring that performance boost we need

cpwebb
Employee
Employee

Have you assigned the workspace with all your work in (which is hopefully not your "My Workspace") to your new capacity? See https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/enterprise/service-admin-premium-manage#assign-a-workspac...

In general moving to a larger capacity doesn't guarantee faster performance unless you were being throttled on your previous capacity size. Larger capacities allow you to do more things in parallel and while there may be some performance differences between capacity sizes, if you're having performance problems then you'll need to tune whatever it is that's having the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors