Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MarkPalmberg
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Update dataflow data source type for dataflows in gateway?

What's the recommended way of dealing with the change to the Dataflow connector in the service? (From "Power BI dataflows (Legacy)" to "Dataflows")?

I have an entry in my gateway for "Power BI" that's of type Power BI dataflows (Legacy), but now I'm being prompted to manually enter a new entry in the gateway for reports that're using the same dataflow but that have been updated in the PBIX to authenticate using the new Dataflows connector. Should I just go ahead and manually add this new entry, or is there a way for the gateway admin to update the data source type on my existing Power BI entry to be "Dataflows" instead of Power BI dataflows (Legacy)?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarkPalmberg ,

As far as I know, the gateway admin shouldn't be able to do anything about this so far, you need to add it manually yourself.

You can refer this documentation if it helps you:

Solved: Change data source in Power BI Dataflow - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Connector Power BI dataflows (Legacy) vs Dataflows - Microsoft Power BI Community

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarkPalmberg ,

As far as I know, the gateway admin shouldn't be able to do anything about this so far, you need to add it manually yourself.

You can refer this documentation if it helps you:

Solved: Change data source in Power BI Dataflow - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: Connector Power BI dataflows (Legacy) vs Dataflows - Microsoft Power BI Community

Hope this helps you.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors