Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

appsac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Unable to pin a Power KPI 2.0.0 visual to a dashboard

I was able to pin a Power KPI 2.0.0 visual to a dashboard in the past.  I tried today and nothing happens when I open a report in edit mode in the PBI service, click on a Power KPI 2.0.0 visual, and click on the pin visual icon.  The usual behavior is to be prompted to pin to an existing or new dashboard.

appsac_0-1667339391169.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
appsac
Advocate I
Advocate I

11 REPLIES 11
appsac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Here's a workaround until Microsoft fixes the issue:

Solved: Re: Can't Pin Visual to Dashboard - Microsoft Power BI Community

v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @appsac ,

Has your problem been solved? If you still can't pin to dashboard, here's a workaround for your reference:

Solved: Can't Pin Visual to Dashboard - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Microsoft Support was able to reproduce the issue.  They're working on a solution.  Will update when I have more information.

Thanks Yadong, that workaround works fine, hopefully it is all that's needed to get MS to fix it.

Spoke too soon, only works on text titles, with expression based titles it renders the title invisible, this is some update they deployed, monkey testing.

paulkalinski
Regular Visitor

Thank Appsac I'm having the same issue today, that said I haven't needed to pin in a while so don't know when it may have started. I am admin, using edge, getting option to pin and choosing dashboard then the dialogue box just stays open and nothing happens.

I was able to recreate the issue by adding new PBI KPI 2.0.0 visual to a new report. I built it in steps and published after each step to test pin to dashboard. It worked fine until I changed the title of the visual. I’ve never heard of a title change breaking something but that’s what appears to have happened. I opened a case with MS Support. I’ll let you know outcome. 

Hi appsac, for me nothing changed, it just stopped working. Further testing shows card visualisations able to be pinned but none of my charts. Also tried blowing away everything in my workspace and publishing an existing report, same behaviour. I fear they will have trouble replicating so will not get to it unless there is a mass revolt.

appsac
Advocate I
Advocate I

I've opened a ticket with Microsoft support

appsac
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thanks for your suggestions Yadong.  I created the visuals several months ago using the Desktop.  The issue is when I publish to the Service and try to pin the visuals from the report to a dashboard.  I did a test and created a new report with the PBI KPI visual.  When I published it to the Service and tried to pin the visual to a dashboard it works fine.  So, something has changed in the Desktop and/or Service since I created the visuals several months ago.  I'll try recreating them and see if that works.  What a pain.

v-yadongf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @appsac ,

Power KPI 2.0.0 visual works fine on my Desktop and I can successfully pin it to dashboard.

vyadongfmsft_0-1667377523747.png

Please check following things:

1. Update your Desktop version latest version and try again.

2. Please use supported browsers for Power BI. Refer the link:Supported browsers for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best regards,

Yadong Fang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors