Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sumitm2024

Unable to log in to Power BI

Hi All, 

I had purchased a domain from Godaddy, and basis that I had created the Power BI Account and I was working on it for past some time. While I was exploring things about Admin Portal, I came across a page that suggested something like "take full control and become an admin", and I just did whatever was suggested on that page (in terms of modifying DNS entries for the domain on Godaddy). I followed all the steps, and the page did confirm that everything was setup for me, however, after that I was unable to log in to Power BI service using my account. I am able to log in with other users of my domain as they were also a part of the setup, but what I am not able to log in with was my primary account through which I was working and publishing my report. I have reverted / deleted the setting that was done at the domain level under Godaddy but I am still not able to log in. The other reason is, that it keeps on saying that the password that I entered is wrong and want me to support the authentication using the Microsoft Authenticator which I do not have. I tried to disable the 2-step verification process as well, but even that is not working. 

Could anyone help in this regard. I will really appreciate all the help in this regard.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumit 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sumitm2024 

Ensure that your domain's DNS settings on GoDaddy are correctly configured. This includes making sure that the DNS records required for Microsoft services are present and correct. You can check for problems with your domain by checking its status in the Microsoft 365 admin center under Setup > Domains. If you see an issue, select the three dots (more actions), and then choose Check health.
Sometimes, cached credentials in your browser can cause sign-in issues. Clear your internet browser cache, then try signing in to Power BI again. Use this URL to force an update of your credentials

If you're still facing issues, consider resetting your password. If your organization has enabled Self-Service Password Reset, you can reset your own password with the Self-Service Password Reset wizard. This can help resolve issues where the system doesn't recognize your password.
Since disabling 2-step verification didn't work as expected, verify if the setting is correctly applied. Go to Microsoft 365 admin center -> Users -> Active users -> Select your user -> Manage multifactor authentication -> Select your user -> Disable multi-factor authentication. This step requires admin access, so if you're not the admin, you might need to contact the person who has admin rights.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @sumitm2024 

Ensure that your domain's DNS settings on GoDaddy are correctly configured. This includes making sure that the DNS records required for Microsoft services are present and correct. You can check for problems with your domain by checking its status in the Microsoft 365 admin center under Setup > Domains. If you see an issue, select the three dots (more actions), and then choose Check health.
Sometimes, cached credentials in your browser can cause sign-in issues. Clear your internet browser cache, then try signing in to Power BI again. Use this URL to force an update of your credentials

If you're still facing issues, consider resetting your password. If your organization has enabled Self-Service Password Reset, you can reset your own password with the Self-Service Password Reset wizard. This can help resolve issues where the system doesn't recognize your password.
Since disabling 2-step verification didn't work as expected, verify if the setting is correctly applied. Go to Microsoft 365 admin center -> Users -> Active users -> Select your user -> Manage multifactor authentication -> Select your user -> Disable multi-factor authentication. This step requires admin access, so if you're not the admin, you might need to contact the person who has admin rights.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors