Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Giorgi1989
Advocate II
Advocate II

Unable to create a dataflow due to the error in SAP BW Message Server

Dear All,

Last Wednesday after connecting to the SAP BW Message Server to create a dataflow in PowerBI, I realised that all the infocubes were empty and when selecting any of them an error message was popping up. 

Of course, my first reaction was to report the issue to our service provider, who examined things and reverted back after a few days saying that they could not identify any issue with SAP BW that could explain this phenomenon. They suggested that I should open a suport ticket with PowerBI, which I did just a moment ago.  For some reason, this particular issue does not strike me as one pertaining to PBI, but more to SAP BW. 

Maybe someone has encountered the similar problem in the past? Would you have any ideas/suggestions what can be checked or looked into?

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Giorgi1989
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

The issue seemed to be related to the Gateway connectivity. After the update, it is all working fine now. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Giorgi1989
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

The issue seemed to be related to the Gateway connectivity. After the update, it is all working fine now. 

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Giorgi1989 

What is the error message? Have you tried adding a data source to the service without using dataflow.

I am very new to this data source, so I searched some related cases for reference:

Solved: SAP BW Dataflows - Microsoft Power BI Community

Solved: SAP BW Message Server - Gateway Connection - Microsoft Power BI Community

Power BI Gateway SSO to SAP BW Message Server - Microsoft Power BI Community

Now that you have opened a support ticket, they will provide more detailed help, please be patient.

Did I answer your question? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Janey

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors