Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

RichHead1821
Resolver I
Resolver I

Audit history on workspace?

Background: We've suddenly experienced some slow refreshes and I was asked by our IT Ops team "has anything changed"

Aside from my own log of the changes I have made, is there any way on the workspace of seeing when a dataflow was last amended (and by whom) and similarly when a dataset (PBIX) was last amended, or published (and by whom)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @RichHead1821 

If your Power BI administrator has enabled Audit Logging you will be able to get details of Power BI activity over the last 90 days, you could also use the REST API to get information out of the activity log.

See: Track user activities in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

For what it's worth, if you're a Pro licence only type organisation, I've seen a number of issues with slow refreshes recently. This may be Microsoft re-configuring their servers, possibly to prepare for the February Service update. So it may be that nothings changed at your end.  However if you're a PPU or better organisation you may not experience these blips as you will be using a dedicated capacity, so the speed issues may be more of your own doing.

Hope this helps.

Stuart

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
RichHead1821
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks Stuart, whilst I can't access the admin portal myself, it's helpful to know there is a log somewhere.

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @RichHead1821 

If your Power BI administrator has enabled Audit Logging you will be able to get details of Power BI activity over the last 90 days, you could also use the REST API to get information out of the activity log.

See: Track user activities in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

For what it's worth, if you're a Pro licence only type organisation, I've seen a number of issues with slow refreshes recently. This may be Microsoft re-configuring their servers, possibly to prepare for the February Service update. So it may be that nothings changed at your end.  However if you're a PPU or better organisation you may not experience these blips as you will be using a dedicated capacity, so the speed issues may be more of your own doing.

Hope this helps.

Stuart

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors