Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

guilherme2o
Regular Visitor

Unable to connect to SAP HANA Denied access to HDBODBC

i'm trying to establish a connection from SAP HANA but can't to access the ODBC File.

Erro PBI.pngUnable to connect to the data source undefined.
Underlying error code: -2147467259
Underlying error message: ODBC: ERROR [IM003] O driver especificado não pôde ser carregado devido ao erro de sistema 5: Acesso negado. (HDBODBC, C:\Program Files\SAP\hdbclient\libodbcHDB.dll)

5 REPLIES 5
guilherme2o
Regular Visitor

Thank you @collinq. But I'm trying to reach the ODBC file through the gateway and not trying to reach the Database.

Hey @guilherme2o ,

Do you have the ODBC connection set up on the Gateway server?  I am thinking that it is looking for that .dll file but that file only exists on your computer and not on the gateway computer.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hey @collinq.

The gateway machine has the ODBC drivers installed. not only installed in my computer.

PS.: in my personal computer all the connections works fine.

In case anyone has the same issue as me

I was getting the same problem and the issue was resolved when I changed the account running the on premises gateway to one that had access to the folders in C (mentioned in the error message)

collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @guilherme2o ,

It appears that you are trying to access a file on the local "c" drive.  You will have to have the full path to the file for the gateway and/or report to reach the file.  On the Service there is no "c" drive.  The easiest way if you are trying to reach a file is to put it in a cloud location that can be reached quickly by the Service (SharePoint, Onedrive, etc.)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors