Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PatrickB
Frequent Visitor

Unable to configure an Excel data source from Enterprise Gateway

Hi,

I am trying to set up a connection to my Enterprise Gateway for one of my datasets. The dataset includes 3 data sources, one SSAS connection, one SQL Server connection and one Excel connection to a Excel file. Now I am having problems setting up the data source for the Enterprise Gateway to the Excel file. The file is located on OneDrive for Business and when I created the dataset in PBI Desktop there is no problem connecting to it. But when trying to connect from the PBI service I get the following error message,

Aktivitets-ID:00b39063-3a24-d49b-fe83-8d880e90bfdc
Begär ID:be16275e-987b-61f6-e259-e0a573ca806d
Kluster-URI:https://wabi-south-east-asia-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Statuskod:400
Felkod:DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_InvalidConnectionCredentials
Tid:Tue Aug 22 2017 14:21:57 GMT+0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)
Version:13.0.2136.181
Underliggande felkod:-2147467259
Underliggande felkodsmeddelande:The credentials provided for the Web source are invalid. (Source at https://pernodricard-my.sharepoint.com/personal/patrick_baumann_pernod-ricard_com/Documents/File.xls....)
DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult:-2147467259
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourceKind:Web
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.DataSourcePath:https://pernodricard-my.sharepoint.com/personal/patrick_baumann_pernod-ricard_com/Documents/File.xls...
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.CredentialError.Reason:AccessForbidden
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.DataSources:[{"kind":"Web","path":"https://pernodricard-my.sharepoint.com/personal/patrick_baumann_pernod-ricard_com/Documents/File.xls..."}]
Microsoft.Data.Mashup.MashupSecurityException.Reason:AccessForbidden

I have got it to work by setting up a personal gateway on my local machine but since this solution is going to be used by multiple other users I want to use the Enterprise Gateway instead.

I have used the Web data connector for the Excel file. 

Rgs,

//Patrick

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@PatrickB

Currently, on-premise data gateway doesn't support OAuth2 based authentication. We are not able to add the online data sources in data gateway as well as on-premise data sources, so that we can't configure this kind of combined dataset to use data gateway. The workaround is to use personal gateway.

PG have started working on the data gateway to fix this issue. See: Combine enterprise gateway and online data sources. Their current ETA is end of August, so we just need to wait for the new version of on-premises data gateway.

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for you swift reply! Ok, then I know and will use the personal gateway or put the file on a network disk instead. But it feels important that the functionality to combine on-prem and online data since many of my customers are moving there files over to OneDrive.

Rgs,

//Patrick

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@PatrickB

Currently, on-premise data gateway doesn't support OAuth2 based authentication. We are not able to add the online data sources in data gateway as well as on-premise data sources, so that we can't configure this kind of combined dataset to use data gateway. The workaround is to use personal gateway.

PG have started working on the data gateway to fix this issue. See: Combine enterprise gateway and online data sources. Their current ETA is end of August, so we just need to wait for the new version of on-premises data gateway.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Hi Herbert,

Thanks for you swift reply! Ok, then I know and will use the personal gateway or put the file on a network disk instead. But it feels important that the functionality to combine on-prem and online data since many of my customers are moving there files over to OneDrive.

Rgs,

//Patrick

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors