Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Davidian
Regular Visitor

Turn off Report Access Request

Is there any way to turn off the Report Access Requests?

You can do it to the semantic model but I can't seem to find out how to do it to the report. 

Report Access is controlled via Azure Resource Groups and Row Level security

But even explaining this one can understand the end user being greeted with a "request access" pop-up makes them think this is the way to request access.

What's more, as the Dev/workspace admin - the requests are coming to me, when ideally they would go to the "report owner". 

Interim, I have created a flow to pick up the email and forward to the "report owners" with instructions on how to get the users added to the appropriate user group, but this is hardly ideal. 

5 REPLIES 5
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Davidian 

@GilbertQ Good share!

Unfortunately, Power BI does not provide a direct feature to completely disable the "Request Access" feature for reports.

This feature is designed to help users who do not have access to the report or dashboard request a report or dashboard from the owner or administrator. I agree, however, that this can be confusing for users who need to be added to a specific Azure resource group or row-level security role to access reports.

Solved: How to disable/deactivate request access pop-up or... - Microsoft Fabric Community

You can propose an idea about this, you can submit your idea by going to the link below:

Home (microsoft.com)

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

For now I have created a flow that picks up the email from my inbox and forwards it to the manager to put in the details and send on to the correct mailbox with an access request. 

What I intend to do is modify this so its a bit of an easier to use powerapp type thing with all inclusive approval process but for now at least I am no longer getting the emails. (well, I am getting them, but I don't see them as the flow deals with it)

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Davidian 

As far as I am aware, it is not possible to turn off the report access request.

You can put in more details for the request access as shown below on your Semantic Model.

GilbertQ_0-1706047277435.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi, yeah, I had already done that for the semantic model and was annoyed that I was still getting report access requests because I expected it to be the same and on the microsoft feature requests where someone had requested this feature it was marked as solved but they had only done it for semantic model. 

Yeah, I had already tried doing that on the semantic model but it doesn't pop up when users request access to the report, just the normal report access request. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors