Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ManuSacchetti
Helper I
Helper I

Thousand and Decimal separator changed in PBI Service Report

Hello, I've uploaded a report into the Power Bi Service and the thousand and decimal separators have changed. This is the configuration that I have (and the one that I want) in PBI Desktop:

ManuSacchetti_0-1663251157845.png

This is how the separators appears once I have uploaded the file in the Service: 

ManuSacchetti_1-1663251213991.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ManuSacchetti ,

The thousand and decimal separator is related to the language setting of the Power BI Service or the language setting of the browser.

Please refer to the snapshot below and try to change it.

vtangjiemsft_0-1663300047621.png

You can probably refer to the similar solved post for reference: Solved: PowerBi Service changes Decimal- and Thousand- Sep... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards, 

Neeko Tang 

If this posthelps, then please considerAccept it as the solutionto help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ManuSacchetti ,

The thousand and decimal separator is related to the language setting of the Power BI Service or the language setting of the browser.

Please refer to the snapshot below and try to change it.

vtangjiemsft_0-1663300047621.png

You can probably refer to the similar solved post for reference: Solved: PowerBi Service changes Decimal- and Thousand- Sep... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards, 

Neeko Tang 

If this posthelps, then please considerAccept it as the solutionto help the other members find it more quickly. 

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @ManuSacchetti ,

the thousand and decimal separator are affected by the regional settings of your local machine in Power BI Desktop and by the language settings of your browser.

Hopefully, this helps to understand what's going on.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors