Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

fhfn

The PDF connector is not supported on datasets in a Power BI Premium capacity.

Hello all,

I am trying to get data information from a PDF files that is located in SharePoint. I could run it in the Power BI Desktop, but when I publish the report and schedule the up date, it is not possible to update and get an error. See below:

Database error: The PDF connector is not supported on datasets in a Power BI Premium capacity. To enable the PDF connector to work on a dataset in a Power BI Premium capacity, configure that dataset to use a gateway, and confirm the connection to that dataset goes through the gateway. Table: UD AT.

Do you know how to correct it?

Att.

Fernando Nobre

3 REPLIES 3
edhans
Super User
Super User

If it is SharePoint online, then according to Power BI data sources - Power BI | Microsoft Docs no gateway is needed. But if it is SharePoint on prem, it is.

Have you upgraded to the new Gen 2 Premium yet? That might be the issue if your tenant is still on the old tech.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Hello @edhans ,

Thank you!

I am using SharePoint online.

I do not know if it was updated to Gen 2 Premium. How can I check it (It is from a company and I am not adm)?

Pehaps my problem is about live connection. What do you think?

fhfn_0-1643821094116.png

You cannot connect to PDF files via DQ or Live Connection. It must be import.

I think only your Power BI Admin can validate whether your org has upgraded to Gen 2, but given you were trying to somehow do a live connection, that may be the issue.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors